Here's how to make a DIY cat shelter
It's winter, here's how to make a feral/stray cat shelter - There's so many different options when it comes to building an outdoor shelter for cats, this is the simplest and easiest out there…
*Other tips/options/considerations for this type of shelter...
1. You can use a hairdryer to warm the plastic up before cutting out the holes to make it easier
2. You can use styrofoam or insulation board instead of straw
3. ALWAYS use straw and not hay! - Hay soaks up moisture which makes the shelter cold and can also get moldy
4. You can add a second entrance/exit to the shelter if you're worried about predators in your area, I chose not to since this cuts down on the insulation of the shelter a lot
5. You can add plastic flaps to the entries/exits to help keep drafts out
Here's more shelter options you can check out here!
Related Story: Cute DIY catio that your cat will love (Gallery)
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
When you can't find the cat... (comic)
Your True Love Vs. The Cat's True Love
The cat every time there's fresh laundry...
National Pizza Day!
When your cat wakes you up early (comic)
Cat games to play during the Superbowl
How to build a feral cat shelter
When your cat wants to chat with you at an ungodly hour... (comic)
My hands look like this so hers can look like this... (comic)
When your cat wants your food... (comic)