Here's how to make a DIY cat shelter
It's winter, here's how to make a feral/stray cat shelter - There's so many different options when it comes to building an outdoor shelter for cats, this is the simplest and easiest out there…
*Other tips/options/considerations for this type of shelter...
1. You can use a hairdryer to warm the plastic up before cutting out the holes to make it easier
2. You can use styrofoam or insulation board instead of straw
3. ALWAYS use straw and not hay! - Hay soaks up moisture which makes the shelter cold and can also get moldy
4. You can add a second entrance/exit to the shelter if you're worried about predators in your area, I chose not to since this cuts down on the insulation of the shelter a lot
5. You can add plastic flaps to the entries/exits to help keep drafts out
Here's more shelter options you can check out here!
Related Story: Cute DIY catio that your cat will love (Gallery)
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
The Stages of a Cat's Yawn
Looking in the mirror
Going to the bathroom when you have a cat...
This cat wears glasses to help kids feel more comfortable with glasses
When you want to be lazy with the cat
What the cat thinks about privacy
Dogs vs. Cats on Christmas
Snitches get stitches
The Cat vs. The Tree Beast
A Cat’s Guide To Taking Care Of Your Human