Here's how to make a DIY cat shelter
It's winter, here's how to make a feral/stray cat shelter - There's so many different options when it comes to building an outdoor shelter for cats, this is the simplest and easiest out there…
*Other tips/options/considerations for this type of shelter...
1. You can use a hairdryer to warm the plastic up before cutting out the holes to make it easier
2. You can use styrofoam or insulation board instead of straw
3. ALWAYS use straw and not hay! - Hay soaks up moisture which makes the shelter cold and can also get moldy
4. You can add a second entrance/exit to the shelter if you're worried about predators in your area, I chose not to since this cuts down on the insulation of the shelter a lot
5. You can add plastic flaps to the entries/exits to help keep drafts out
Here's more shelter options you can check out here!
Related Story: Cute DIY catio that your cat will love (Gallery)
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Every time I use the heating pad...
Home office lap cat
Drawing with Minnie
When the cat wants out...
Minnie has figured out how to open doors...
Stop scratching the couch!
Minnie's New Year's Resolutions
Warms Your Soul
Another video of holding Minnie the baby while I work from home
Reading Twas The Night Before Christmas As Told By The Cat