Here's how to make a DIY cat shelter
It's winter, here's how to make a feral/stray cat shelter - There's so many different options when it comes to building an outdoor shelter for cats, this is the simplest and easiest out there…
*Other tips/options/considerations for this type of shelter...
1. You can use a hairdryer to warm the plastic up before cutting out the holes to make it easier
2. You can use styrofoam or insulation board instead of straw
3. ALWAYS use straw and not hay! - Hay soaks up moisture which makes the shelter cold and can also get moldy
4. You can add a second entrance/exit to the shelter if you're worried about predators in your area, I chose not to since this cuts down on the insulation of the shelter a lot
5. You can add plastic flaps to the entries/exits to help keep drafts out
Here's more shelter options you can check out here!
Related Story: Cute DIY catio that your cat will love (Gallery)
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
When he falls over, his cat has the most adorable reaction (video)
After befriending a stray cat, this man did not expect kitty to follow him home and move in! (Gallery)
Man finds teeny black kittens under his house and raises them into beautiful house panthers!
Lion gets a drink of water... and has to figure out how to make it back without getting wet
Watch: Start your day the purrfect way with kitty pancakes!
It iz Monday... so here iz some kittens (Gallery)
Deaf cat gets so ADORABLY surprised and excited every time her owner comes home
He put a heating pad outside for the neighborhood cats... and later came out to this
Popular chef who cooks with his cats shows how he trained them
Everyday when he comes home from work, his cat literally says hello!